a. What we're building#
Moving and tracking money is a slog, we make it easy. Building a compliant back-end can be a year’s long process that requires a team of accountant engineers, integration with your money moving stack and lots of work making everything idempotent, traceable and fault-tolerant. Like what Square, Robinhood and Uber did. Fragment provides the same features in an API.
We are a small founding team with deep experience in fintech infrastructure. We're backed by Gradient Ventures, BoxGroup, and angels from Uber, Square, Plaid, Robinhood, Index, Coinbase and Alloy.
If you enjoy working with ambitious peers, reducing hard problems to their constituent parts, and changing how markets get built, we’d love to hear from you.
b. What you'll do#
- You'll work with a small engineering team to build mission-critical financial infrastructure for startups. For example, you might build the primitives for multi-currency payment orchestration for an SMB lending startup.
- As one of our first engineers, you'll build products from scratch and have meaningful sway over our technology, our design principles, and the makeup of our team and culture.
- You'll help assess, hire and mentor your future team.
- Write technical blog posts (e.g. "here's how to build an SMB lending app") and documentation (e.g. if you build a payment NSF error-handler for said lending app, you'll write the blog, the docs, and design the reference ledger for that vertical).
- You're cool spending the majority of your time writing tests and thinking about how your code can fail.
c. What you'll bring#
- 3+ years experience in professional software development, ideally some of which you’ve spent in startups.
- Experience with both relational and non-relational databases like DynamoDB, Cassandra or Elasticsearch and building event-driven systems using message buses and queues like Kafka, SQS or RabbitMQ.
- Familiarity with serverless or micro-services architectures and deployment tools like CloudFormation, Kubernetes or Serverless Framework.
- Comfortable applying computer science theory to real world concurrent, distributed systems.
- A customer-first mindset and an interest in talking with customers to make sure what we’re building meets their needs.
- Able to own the entire lifecycle of a feature, work with customers to design the API, write the docs, and help customers adopt and operate it.
d. What we'll bring#
Fragment offers top of the line benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance.
We want people to take time off to rest and rejuvenate. Fragment offers unlimited paid vacation as well as 10 observed holidays by country.
Fragment’s parental leave offers parents paid time off to spend quality time with family.
You’ll receive all new equipment including a laptop, monitor, phone, internet, gym membership and any other accessories you need to do your best work.
We’re offering founding team equity. Salary range is $180k - $240k. We’re fully remote with the founders in Austin and Seattle. We can setup a multi-round interview process or start on a contract basis in the next 1-2 weeks and if we see a mutual fit, we’ll offer a full-time founding role.
* Include a current resume or linkedin profile in your application email.